Just as I was about to go to sleep last night my brain decided it was going to come up with an idea:
- namespace is shortened to 'ns' as in xmlns
- the now namespace could therefore be written nowns
- which sounds like nouns
- so updates shared using the now namespace could be called nowns
- and I should check the availability of domains
So, I've been looking and am wondering about the following:
- nowns.today: fits with the idea of now
- nowns.live: 'live' updates, fits the theme again
- nowns.info: information about the namespace
- nowns.work: as in "nowns work to share updates"
I could get a good deal on .work for the first year but think it goes up significantly after that.
.ns doesn't appear to exist as a TLD so now.ns is not an option. Even if it did it would likely be a country specific domain and I'm always dubious about tying things to them. It would also likely be too expensive.
@colinwalker Interesting thought. Shall I start tagging posts as nowns? :D nowns.today sounds nice.