There's definitely something screwy going on with my host.

Performance seems to have nosedived with things such as processing "on this day" taking ages to complete. This impacts loading the home page as it is built on the fly (along with its RSS feed and the Daily feed).

I've moved these tasks to a separate page where possible to offload the work but I've also noticed that loading pages via the nightly cron jobs no longer seems to execute them properly and the feeds don't get updated.

Running the same pages manually via SSH works as it always did. I've tried both wget and curl with various parameters but nothing wants to function correctly. Looking back at the daily emails it started at the end of June.

I'm going to have to resort to contacting support but they are truly awful and I don't expect a positive result.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.