I found another issue caused by the move to the new host: they don't let you get the contents of a remote file using loadHTMLFile() - presumably for security purposes.

This caused a couple of issues:

  1. the Likes and Replies plugin couldn't get the title of the page being liked or replied to,
  2. the function I use to get the RSS feed of someone sending me a webmention couldn't get said feed.

The second issue means that the /directory OPML file is incomplete.

To get round this I've had to switch to using curl:

$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
$result = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close ($ch);

I then find the title tag from $result but need another way to get and cycle through the <link> tags.

Once I've sorted that I'll have to manually add a couple of missing feed addresses to the database to complete the OPML.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.