Result. Created a GitHub account so I could submit the amendment to the Micropub plugin and Ryan Barrett accepted the pull request and merged the change. A week of firsts!
Micropub endpoint added to the site using this plugin. Edited it slightly to make each
<link> tag appear on a new line by adding
, PHP_EOL to the end of each echo statement. Just to make it look nice.
Feeling clever! Built a WordPress plugin for a client that creates a widget that displays the latest post in a fancy overlay.
I typed up how I created the variants of my workflow to post to the microblog. Usual caveats apply.
Issue resolved – sorted out the workflow for the URL format after a post is published as opposed to being a draft.
Testing some inconsistencies in behaviour when the Workflow is set to draft or published – URL returned isn’t always valid.
Signed off for a second week – acute tracheitis! Got a short course of steroids to add to the antibiotics.
Apologies for any downtime. I hadn’t received a Whois verification email and the domain was suspended. Had to change the address to force a verification email to be sent.
Using Ulysses for microblogging is a bit overkill and I certainly don’t need to retain the posts. Drafts is a better fit: shorter text, better automation and the ability to clear posts after publishing.
This should only be a temporary solution until the micro.blog app becomes available but is still handy to have around.
Decided to buy Workflow and created a basic flow to post to the Microblog, automatically selecting the Microblog category and Status post type before opening the back end so I can turn off Medium cross-posting.
I’m an email app addict. I go through them like crazy. I’ve tried Inbox, Spark, Airmail, Polymail and more. I’m currently testing Email by EasilyDo. So far so good but I get annoyed by iPhone apps that use the Android FAB (Fast Action Button) – it just doesn’t sit right on iOS.
“Went to the doctor and guess what he told me, guess what he told me.” Well, it was a she and she said I’ve got a throat infection, hence the coughing and the soreness and the loss of voice. Antibiotics it is!
The comment functionality has been rebuilt but to only show webmentions on microblog posts. Nothing else will show.
I have stripped all comment functionality from the theme so need to re-add it to the loop for microblog posts. Micro.blog will notify of responses via webmentions (plugin already installed) so need to cycle through and display these.
Stumbled across TwIM – a Twitter DM client. I’ve been saying for ages that Twitter should enhance their DM offering and have a standalone app. This’ll do for now!